The film is about a 14th Century Crusader Knight called Behmen (played by Nicolas Cage), who after Deserting the Church in light of horror of what the armies were doing, stumbles across a small town with his friend Felson (played by Ron Perlman), and after the townsfolk learn of their desertion, they are offered a chance of one last service to the Church, forgiving them of their sins of breaking their pledge. They accept.
- The action/fight scenes were good, despite being the usual hack and slash style sword scenes.
- The effects in the film were good, which you might notice towards the end of the film.
- The film keeps up tension, especially during fighting and action.
- The Lack of music. Music is there to add atmosphere which isn’t too prevalent throughout the film.
- Very gory. The amount of mangled dead people is ridiculous and there was lots of close ups which just seemed unnecessary.
- The acting wasn’t that great. While there were some parts that were decent, it just switched to Hacking and slashing mythical things apart.