- You’ve just found a new favourite film. One you can be proud and feel intelligent about.
- The story, despite being a little like Peter Gabriel era Genesis in structure and pace, is still lands a huge impact on you, and there are so many parts to it that will leave you thinking for days.
- The pace of the film is slow, but interesting and involving through all of it. How so? Because that’s how Stanley Kubrick do.
- Visually stunning to this date, never have matte paintings look so grand.
- Perhaps the single best thing about the film, that’s up to you, is the music. I’ve got a rhetorical question to sum my feelings up on this one: Who knew classical music goes so well with sci-fi? Actually, there’s an answer for that: Stanley Kubrick.
- Michael Jackson (He isn’t in the film… that was a joke.)
This film is worth all the money you throw at it. One of the most legendary films ever crafted, you can watch this through so many times, and find something new, sit in wonder at the incredible visuals that never fail to mesmerize and shed a tear for poor HAL 9000. There’s no question about whether you should watch it or not, but I’d at least say it wouldn’t be that fun to watch with friends.